The Nagkahiusang Magsusulat sa Cagayan de Oro (NAGMAC), a community of literary writers and literature enthusiasts that aims to revitalize the local literary scene, is now open for applications. Applicant must be a native of Northern Mindanao and/or currently based in the region.
(1) Willingness and availability to go to official activities such as spoken word events, writing workshops, etc.
(2) Sincere passion for and interest in writing and regional literature
(3) Openness to sharing and learning from community fellows, mentors, and invited speakers
(4) High effort and quality of outputs in workshops and others
(1) Category A – writers who have publication history and have received fellowships from regional and/or national writers workshops organized by reputed writing centers and institutes
(2) Category B – writers whose works have already been published in literary anthologies, journals, and books
(3) Category C – beginning writers
(4) Category D – general members
(Please see application form for required manuscripts to be submitted per category.)
Please download the application form via https://goo.gl/mz9jm8. Fill out, print, and enclose it in a short brown envelope together with the required manuscripts. Hand-deliver it (and the Php 200 registration fee) to our secretariat during or after the spoken word event on 12 February, 6 to 9 PM, at Chingkee Tea.
Membership perks include a chance to be mentored by established local writers, regular peer critiquing of literary outputs, first-hand information on the latest creative writing opportunities (regional, national, and international writers workshops, literary contests, among others), book exchange, discounts on spoken word events, and merchandise.